Thursday, October 14, 2010

New Life

Most of my posts are pretty heavy - not so today. I'm just reflecting on the new little lives that I've celebrated with friends this week. Last night a friend of mine gave birth to her son, and I visited another friend of mine who had her twin baby boys last week. (By the way, I LOVE all these boys!) When I saw those precious little babies I was thinking ahead about the little life God has planned for our family.

People often say that, before they adopt, they wonder if they will love their child as much as a biological child is loved. Will the bond be there? I have no doubt that it will. I felt a special connection with the babies I met this week, simply because of the love I have for their families. Their families belong to our church family, so we are knitted together with them. This is a work of God, our creator. He creates life and is the author of love. In fact, God IS love, and He has already placed that love for our child in our hearts!

So, this is one of those times that I feel excited. Right now, this all seems very real. We're getting a baby...can you believe it?

1 comment:

  1. I am so excited to be an aunt again! I adore my two nephews and am already growing a love for this baby as well. Can't wait to meet the new addition to the family!

    ReplyDelete