Wednesday, September 28, 2011

God's Will for Your Wait

I ran across this article about purposeful waiting, and it really encouraged me. Here are a few of my favorite quotes, beginning with my MOST favorite:

"Celebrate the fact that God will not forsake that process of grace in your life and ministry in order to deliver to you the momentary comfort, pleasure, and ease that you would rather have in your time of exhaustion, discouragement, and weakness. He simply loves you too much to exchange temporary gratification for eternal glory!"

"...waiting should actually be a relief. It’s a reminder that I don’t have as much power and control as I thought I had."

"I often remember what is said of Abraham in Romans 4:18-21. The passage tells us that as he waited, Abraham was strengthened in his faith. That’s not what we would expect, is it? We tend to think that, having been given a promise from God, a person might well begin to wait with vibrant faith. But as the wait drags on it seems like that faith would gradually weaken. So why did Abraham’s faith on the whole grow stronger and stronger? Because of what he did as he waited. During his wait, Abraham became a student of the character and power of God, and the more he saw God for who he is, the stronger his faith became."

You can go HERE for the entire article.

No comments:

Post a Comment