Friday, March 25, 2011

Some Things are the Same

We have had two children biologically, and this is our first adoption. I've mentioned many times how different the adoption process is from being pregnant. But, some things are the same. When I was pregnant, I wondered about our babies and pondered the miracle of their lives. It is a very tender and precious time.

As an expectant mom now, I'm doing the same thing. I often listen to a song by Sandra McCracken, called "Hidden Place." She wrote it while she was pregnant with their daughter. It has become a prayer in my heart for our next child. Here are the lyrics:

i was made in a hidden place
there from your love i could not escape, if i tried
in wonder and in a trembling state
we wait to meet this child
i cannot see with human eyes
the secret plans you have devised
my heart is full as i contemplate the frailty and the fullness
oh i marvel at your goodness to me

how soon the fog will lift
we will hold her like a gift
but for now I rest in this in between
in the heavy clouds of this waiting season
knowing you are as close as the clothes I wear
these hours my soul will savor
you surround me as I waver
who am I to have known such favor?

i was made in a hidden place
there from your love I could not escape, if I tried

No comments:

Post a Comment